Code of Conduct
If you or your children have any of the following symptoms, please refrain from attending any MOMS Club functions:
- Fever (must be fever-free for 24 hours without medication)
- Rash in the last 24 hours that has not been cleared by the doctor
- Runny nose that is not allergy related (like green or yellow discharge)
- Excessive cough that is cold related
- Sore throat
- Diarrhea or vomiting in the last 24 hours
- Extreme lethargy
- Pinkish appearance to the eye, especially if there is discharge
- Communicable disease (chicken pox, measles, mumps, lice, 5th disease, whooping cough, scarlet fever, etc.)
- Any illness potentially dangerous to pregnant women or infants
Children’s Behavior Policy
MOMS Club activities are meant to be enjoyable and safe events for both parents and children. The MOMS Club respects parenting differences but expects that all children behave appropriately at MOMS Club activities.
Unacceptable behaviors include but are not limited to:
- Destroying property
- Hair pulling
- Hitting with objects
- Inappropriate touch
- Overly aggressive behavior
- Over-the-top tantrums
In the unfortunate event that these behaviors occur during MOMS Club activities, then the child’s mother should temporarily remove the child until the behavior has been corrected. After the time if the parent choses to remain at the activity, she will be expected to be especially diligent in watching over her child for the remainder of the activity. If the child choses to act out again, they will be asked to leave the activity.
Please remember that you are responsible for your child(ren) at all MOMS Club functions. Do not discipline another mom’s child(ren) without their permission. In the event that your child is in conflict with another child, please separate them and take the other child to his/her mother.
Moms Behavior Policy
MOMS Club respects differences of opinion but asks that in the event of a dispute that members respond and act appropriately. It is expected that the conflict will be resolved between the affected members or they can come to the board for assistance in resolving said conflict.
To ensure a safe, supportive atmosphere, we ask that all members follow these guidelines:
Do not use obscene or abusive verbal language directed toward any other member of the club or their child(ren).
- Do not use physical or obscene gestures toward any other member of the club or their child(ren).
- Please speak in a reasonable voice when disciplining your children or remove the them from the area
- No malicious gossip, demeaning comments, and/or harassment regarding other members.
- Please respect the privacy of other members.
- You shall be considerate and respectful to the property of other members.
- You shall not misuse the MOMS Club roster or its contents nor shall you send club-wide emails not pertaining to MOMS Club business without the approval from the President.
- You are responsible for reading and following the by-laws of this Club at MOMS Club activities, including the general by-laws set forth by the International MOMS Club, the Illness Policy, the Children’s Behavior Policy and this policy.
The following actions are considered gross misconduct and will be cause for dismissal.
- Intolerance of any kind (racial, religious, diability, etc.)
- Improper use of chapter funds
- Improper voting
Actions may be taken against any Member who violates the Code of Conduct.
Those Actions include:
- First Offense – Verbal Warning
- Second Offense – Written Warning
- Third Offense within one calendar year – One month probation during which the member and her child(ren) may not attend MOMS club functions where children are present.
When a member is dismissed there are no refunds of membership dues given.